The Alpine Club, the world’s first mountaineering club, was founded in 1857. For over 150 years, members have been at the leading edge of worldwide mountaineering development and exploration. In the process they have gathered a huge wealth of imagery – both film and stills.
For this project we were enlisted to put together a film to be a brand centrepiece for the Alpine Club, conveying the activities and ethos of the Club.
It is designed to be used in a number of settings:
– Online: The video will be hosted on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, with the YouTube video embedded on the Alpine Club website.
– Live Events: It will function as a pre-roll at live events such as talks, playing in a trailer format to a physical audience.
– Meets/Exchanges: In more intimate talks and in exchanges with other clubs, it may be shown on a laptop/phone screen as part of more informal presentations.
The intended audience is comprised of three main groups:
– Experienced climbers and mountaineers who may already be aware of the Alpine Club, but may not have a complete understanding of all that it does/offers.
– Less experienced climbers who may not be aware of the Alpine Club.
– The general public who may or may not be aware of the Alpine Club and who may or may not have a cultural/academic interest in the mountains and mountaineering.